Bartleet Religare Securities
Bartleet Mallory Stockbrokers (BMSBL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bartleet Group of Companies. Established in 1989, the Company is one of the founder members of the Colombo Stock Exchange and its Chairman was appointed as the first Chairman of the Stock Exchange.The company prides itself as the pioneers of the concept of Field Investment Advisors and its success is amply demonstrated in the large retail client base it possesses. The business philosophy of the company weighs heavily towards building carefully cultivated long-term business relationships with the provision of superior services.The company enjoys an enviable market position and has poised itself towards greater opportunity through political stability and economic revival in the country.
Bartleet Mallory Stockbrokers (Pvt) Ltd (BMS) is a part of the esteemed Bartleet Group, a reputed family owned company with a history dating as far back as 1904. BMS was established in 1989 and has since grown to be a cutting edge investment house, evolving with time and steadfast in its commitment to above average service, whilst aiming to be the ultimate benchmark in the industry.
As one of Sri Lanka’s pioneering stock broking firms, BMS presently has over Rs.5Bn worth of assets currently under management, made possible through our wide array of products and services comprising Equities, Government & Corporate Debt Securities, Portfolio and Asset Management as well as comprehensive Corporate Research.
At the forefront of BMS is our managing director Mr. R. Muralidaran and his vast experience, business acumen and noteworthy contribution to the industry culminated in him being unanimously selected to take up the position of Chairman – Colombo Stockbrokers Association, having been appointed on 28th July 2006.
Our team of dedicated and competent Investment Advisors maintains close professional relationships with all our clients, ensuring a truly personalized investment solution.
Our highly capable Research arm proves to be the core of any decision making, providing timely and resourceful industry and company specific research reports apart from the routine stock market summaries released on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
In our continuous drive to reach investors far and wide, BMS presently has 5 branches under its umbrella, located in strategic locations such as Jaffna, Kandy, Kurunegala, Matara and Negombo.
Our company is also proud to have a state of the art internet trading system providing real time online investment opportunities, enabling clients to access their accounts anytime, anyplace.
Goal congruence ensures each member of the BMS family works towards one objective – satisfying the client’s investment needs, whilst adopting a business philosophy of the highest standard
To be the most sought after investment house providing an unparalleled service.
To provide individualized investment solutions, by amalgamating our business philosophy based on the establishment and cultivation of long-term client relationships, without compromising on professionalism, integrity, confidentiality and ethical business standards.
|Eraj Wijesinghe||R. Muralidaran|
- “YTD Net Foreign Inflow at LKR12.4 bn; S&P SL20 index at a YTD gain of 18.7%…”- Daily Trade Journal – CSE Diary for 21.05.2013 Indices journeyed on a consolidation path: The bourse moved on a consolidation path today as the benchmark index took a steep downturn after a 19 point gain at its peak during mid-day to an intra-day low of 6,423.04 points (-43 points). However it closed with [...]
- ‘‘Net earnings grew 98% YoY led by commodity price stability and dip in exchange losses driven by favourable currency”- Nestle Lanka [NEST: LKR1901.9] ANALYST SIGNAL: ‘‘UNDERWEIGHT’’ EARNINGS TALK: Nestle Lanka [NEST: LKR1901.9], concluded 1Q2013 with net earnings up 98% YoY at LKR914 mn. Gross margin improved by 210 bps YoY and 100 bps QoQ to 35% while operating profit margin recorded 14.4% cf 8.8% during 1Q2012. Net earnings dipped 3.8% on a QoQ [...]
- “Bourse further extended its gains nearing 6,500 points…”- Daily Trade Journal – CSE Diary for 20.05.2013 Indices extending its upward drive: The bourse sustained its rally today with notable buying pressure across the board. During the early morning session, ASPI rushed on the rally to reach 103 points. However it lost momentum during the mid-day to denote a market correction and eventually [...]
- “Bourse extended gains with heavy caps emerging to the edge…”- Daily Trade Journal – CSE Diary for 17.05.2013 Indices on a strong upward climb: The bourse saw a strong upward climb with the banking and finance sector outweighing the rest with a 50% contribution to turnover. The ASPI touched 6437.27 points (+150 points) before settling with a gain of 93 points at 6380.7 [...]
- “Bourse gains with big caps in the green…”- Daily Trade Journal – CSE Diary for 16.05.2013 Index jumps 66 points: The Colombo stocks saw a continuous uptrend today driven by the large cap counters regaining institutional, high net worth and foreign interest. The surge in the index was heavily weighted upon John Keells Holdings, Ceylon Tobacco Company, Lanka Orix Leasing, Commercial Bank [...]
- ‘‘Earnings surged 220% YoY to LKR17 mn infused by feedmilling operations reversing a net loss during 1Q2013”- Ceylon Grain Elevators [GRAN: LKR51.1] ANALYST SIGNAL: ‘‘UNDERWEIGHT’’ EARNINGS TALK: Ceylon Grain Elevators [GRAN: LKR51.1] concluded 1Q2013 with net earnings growth of 220% YoY at LKR17.5 mn. Gross margin dipped 500 bps to 4% during 1Q2013 while EBIT margin dipped 400 bps YoY to 2% GRAN battled the quarter with the price control of [...]
- “Upward climb in ASPI amidst crossings adding 54% to turnover…”- Daily Trade Journal – CSE Diary for 15.05.2013 Bourse reverts back to the green: The benchmark index moved on a volatile note with renewed buying interest leading to a gain of 14 points at 6,221.12 points. BFI sector and Diversified sectors continued dominancy, adding 62% to the turnover. Gains denoted in heavy weights; Nestle [...]
- ‘‘Earnings grew 11% YoY with the export market spearheading growth while domestic prospects slowed”- Piramal Glass [GLAS: LKR6.6] ANALYST SIGNAL: ‘‘LT BUY’’ EARNINGS TALK: Piramal Glass [GLAS: LKR6.6], the sole flacconage glass manufacturer in Sri Lanka concluded 4QFY13 with net earnings growth of 11% YoY at LKR110 mn while full year earnings grew 6% YoY to LKR724 mn. GP margin saw an improvement of 100 bps YoY to 29% [...]
- “Lackluster activity on CSE…”- Daily Trade Journal – CSE Diary for 13.05.2013 Indices on a corrective pattern: The bourse displayed signs of consolidation today where it traded on a restricted band during trading. Morning session witnessed continued selling pressure where the index dropped by 40 points, leading to an eventual recovery in the late trading session to settle [...]
- “CSE on a corrective shape…”- Daily Trade Journal – CSE Diary for 10.05.2013 Indices denoted a corrective pattern: After the extended rally, the Bourse denoted selling pressure today where it dropped by 40 points from a day’s high of 6,288.00. However, ASPI ended positive at 6,250.0 with a gain of 11 points, creating a technically termed “pin bar”. Gained [...]