Bartleet Religare Securities
Bartleet Mallory Stockbrokers (BMSBL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bartleet Group of Companies. Established in 1989, the Company is one of the founder members of the Colombo Stock Exchange and its Chairman was appointed as the first Chairman of the Stock Exchange.The company prides itself as the pioneers of the concept of Field Investment Advisors and its success is amply demonstrated in the large retail client base it possesses. The business philosophy of the company weighs heavily towards building carefully cultivated long-term business relationships with the provision of superior services.The company enjoys an enviable market position and has poised itself towards greater opportunity through political stability and economic revival in the country.
Bartleet Mallory Stockbrokers (Pvt) Ltd (BMS) is a part of the esteemed Bartleet Group, a reputed family owned company with a history dating as far back as 1904. BMS was established in 1989 and has since grown to be a cutting edge investment house, evolving with time and steadfast in its commitment to above average service, whilst aiming to be the ultimate benchmark in the industry.
As one of Sri Lanka’s pioneering stock broking firms, BMS presently has over Rs.5Bn worth of assets currently under management, made possible through our wide array of products and services comprising Equities, Government & Corporate Debt Securities, Portfolio and Asset Management as well as comprehensive Corporate Research.
At the forefront of BMS is our managing director Mr. R. Muralidaran and his vast experience, business acumen and noteworthy contribution to the industry culminated in him being unanimously selected to take up the position of Chairman – Colombo Stockbrokers Association, having been appointed on 28th July 2006.
Our team of dedicated and competent Investment Advisors maintains close professional relationships with all our clients, ensuring a truly personalized investment solution.
Our highly capable Research arm proves to be the core of any decision making, providing timely and resourceful industry and company specific research reports apart from the routine stock market summaries released on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
In our continuous drive to reach investors far and wide, BMS presently has 5 branches under its umbrella, located in strategic locations such as Jaffna, Kandy, Kurunegala, Matara and Negombo.
Our company is also proud to have a state of the art internet trading system providing real time online investment opportunities, enabling clients to access their accounts anytime, anyplace.
Goal congruence ensures each member of the BMS family works towards one objective – satisfying the client’s investment needs, whilst adopting a business philosophy of the highest standard
To be the most sought after investment house providing an unparalleled service.
To provide individualized investment solutions, by amalgamating our business philosophy based on the establishment and cultivation of long-term client relationships, without compromising on professionalism, integrity, confidentiality and ethical business standards.
|Eraj Wijesinghe||R. Muralidaran|
- SRI LANKA : Weekly Market Insight – 16 May 2014- Weekly Journal The broader index was seen surpassing the 6,300 level whilst strong levels of turnover were recorded during the holiday shortened week. The broader market (ASPI) gained 30.3 points WoW to close the week at 6,315.2 (up 0.5% WoW) whilst S&P SL20 closed with a gain of 21.9 points at 3,479.2 (up 0.6% WoW). […]
- SRI LANKA : SAMPATH BANK (SAMP.SL; LKR191.90) – Earnings grew by 21% YoY in 1Q14….- Daily Trade Journal Impairment reversal against the pawning portfolio led to a 2.5x reduction in impairment charges in 1Q14. A pawning impairment reversal of LKR814.8 mn saw collective impairment reduce to c. 3.5x in 1Q14. Individual impairment rose near threefold to LKR296.4 mn in 1Q14. However bank managed to record an overall impairment reversal of […]
- SRI LANKA : COMMERCIAL BANK (COMB.SL; LKR129.00 COMB.X.SL;LKR98.40) – Net earnings up 2% YoY in 1Q2014…- Daily Trade Journal Net interest income up 17% YoY to LKR6,575.4 mn. COMB managed to increase interest income by 5.3% YoY to LKR15,246.4 mn in 1Q14 despite the lower credit demand (-0.2% QoQ). Bank was able to increase its fixed income earnings assets (mainly treasury bills and bonds) during the quarter under review which enable […]
- SRI LANKA : CEYLON TOBACCO (CTC.SL; LKR1,080.00) – Net earnings up 38% YoY in 1Q2014…- Daily Trade Journal CTC’s gross revenue grew 7.3% YoY to LKR21.2 bn in 1Q2014 driven by the two excise led price revisions in April and July 2013 of LKR1.00 and LKR4.00 (in the higher categories) respectively. The price increases across the board led to a c.15% YoY average price rise for the quarter. However overall […]
- SRI LANKA : Daily Market Insight – 13 May 2014- Daily Trade Journal The All Share Price Index dipped by 18.2 points to close at 6,285.0 points (-0.3%) whilst the S&PSL20 also dipped marginally to close at 3,479.0 points (-0.1%). Total turnover recorded LKR757.9 mn (USD5,803.2k) vs. 12 month average daily turnover of LKR857.7 mn (USD6,567.4k) whilst the volume traded for the day was 37,036.3k […]
- Daily Market Insight – 12 May 2014- Daily Trade Journal The All Share Price Index gained 18 points to settle at 6,303.2 points (+0.3%) while the S&P SL20 index gained 24 points to close at 3,480.9 (+0.7%). The total turnover was LKR866.5 mn (USD6,641.1k) vs. 12-month average daily turnover of LKR856.0 mn (USD6,560.6k) whilst the volume traded for the day was 51,244.3k against […]
- SRI LANKA : Daily Market Insight- 09 May 2014- Daily Trade Journal Daily Market Insight The All Share Price Index gained 9 points and settled at 6,284.87 points (+0.15%) while the S&P SL20 index gained 10 points to close at 3,457.26 (+0.3%). The total turnover was LKR7,145 mn (USD54,737.1k) vs. 12-month average daily turnover of LKR854 mn (USD6,543.6k) whilst the volume traded for the […]
- SRI LANKA : Daily Market Insight- 08 May 2014- Daily Trade Journal Daily Market Insight The All Share Price Index gained 23.3 points to close at 6,275.7 (+0.4%) whilst the S&P SL20 Index also gained 12.8 points to close at 3,446.8 (+0.4%). The total turnover was LKR935.2 mn (USD7,160.8k) vs. 12-month average daily turnover of LKR828.8 mn (USD6,346.1k) whilst the volume traded for the […]
- - Principal shareholders of EXPO, Mr. Osman Kassim, Mr. Satter Cassim, Mr. Shafik Cassim, Mr. Farook Cassim and Hanif Yusoof collectively disposed a stake of 30% for a consideration of LKR6,275.2 mn to S.G. Holdings which is the parent of Sagawa Group. Subsequent to the acquisition of 30% stake S.G. Holdings will make mandatory offer. Hanif […]
- - Net interest income (NII) up 22.4% YoY in 1Q14. NTB’s NII was up 22.4% YoY to LKR2,081.9 mn during 1Q14 mainly due to the 13.8% YoY decline in interest expense to LKR2,289.1 mn which was resultant of NTB’s continuous effort to increase in the low cost deposit mix amidst declining interest rates. In addition bank […]